What is the dose of your medication?
What is Ciprofloxacin 200?
Ciprofloxacin 200 is an antibiotic in a group of drugs called fluoroquinolones (flor-o-KWIN-o-lones). Ciprofloxacin 200 fights bacteria in the body.
Ciprofloxacin 200 is used to treat different types of bacterial infections. Ciprofloxacin 200 is also used to treat people who have been exposed to anthrax.
Ciprofloxacin 200 may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Ciprofloxacin 200 indications
Lower Respiratory Tract Infections caused by Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Enterobacter cloacae, Proteus mirabilis, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Haemophilus influenzae, Haemophilus parainfluenzae, or Streptococcus pneumoniae. Also, Moraxella catarrhalis for the treatment of acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis.
Bone and Joint Infections caused by Enterobacter cloacae, Serratia marcescens, or Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Skin and Skin Structure Infections caused by Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Enterobacter cloacae, Proteus mirabilis, Proteus vulgaris, Providencia stuartii, Morganella morganii, Citrobacter freundii, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus (methicillin-susceptible), Staphylococcus epidermidis, or Streptococcus pyogenes.
Typhoid Fever (Enteric Fever) caused by Salmonella typhi.
Urinary Tract Infections caused by Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Enterobacter cloacae, Serratia marcescens, Proteus mirabilis, Providencia rettgeri, Morganella morganii, Citrobacter diversus, Citrobacter freundii, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, or Enterococcus faecalis.
Acute Uncomplicated Cystitis in females caused by Escherichia coli or Staphylococcus saprophyticus.
Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis caused by Escherichia coli or Proteus mirabilis.
Acute Sinusitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pneumoniae, or Moraxella catarrhalis.
Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections (used in combination with metronidazole) caused by Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Proteus mirabilis, Klebsiella pneumoniae, or Bacteroides fragilis.
Infectious Diarrhoea caused by Escherichia coli (enterotoxigenic strains), Campylobacter jejuni, Shigella boydii, Shigella dysenteriae, Shigella flexneri or Shigella sonnei when antibacterial therapy is indicated.
Uncomplicated cervical and urethral gonorrhoea due to Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
How should I use Ciprofloxacin 200?
Use Ciprofloxacin 200 as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Ciprofloxacin 200 comes with an extra patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully. Read it again each time you get Ciprofloxacin 200 refilled.
- Ciprofloxacin 200 is usually given as an injection at your doctor's office, hospital, or clinic. If you will be using Ciprofloxacin 200 at home, a health care provider will teach you how to use it. Be sure you understand how to use Ciprofloxacin 200. Follow the procedures you are taught when you use a dose. Contact your health care provider if you have any questions.
- Do not use Ciprofloxacin 200 if it contains particles, is cloudy or discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged.
- Keep this product, as well as syringes and needles, out of the reach of children and away from pets. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials. Ask your health care provider how to dispose of these materials after use. Follow all local rules for disposal.
- To clear up your infection completely, use Ciprofloxacin 200 for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
- Drinking extra fluids while you are taking Ciprofloxacin 200 is recommended. Check with your doctor for instructions.
- If you miss a dose of Ciprofloxacin 200, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Ciprofloxacin 200.
Uses of Ciprofloxacin 200 in details
Ciprofloxacin 200 is used to treat wide range of bacterial infections including lung or respiratory tract infections, eye infection, bladder and kidney infections, reproductive tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections and bone and joint infections.
Ciprofloxacin 200 description
A broad-spectrum antimicrobial carboxyfluoroquinoline. [PubChem]
Active ingredient matches for Ciprofloxacin 200:
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Ciprofloxacin 200 are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Ciprofloxacin 200. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
Consumer reported usefulNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported price estimatesNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported time for resultsNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported ageNo survey data has been collected yet