Dosage of Hydrocortisone Acetate Foam in details
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
Topical corticosteroids are generally applied to the affected area as a thin film two to four times daily depending on the severity of the condition. Occlusive dressings may be used for the management of psoriasis or recalcitrant conditions. If an infection develops, the use of occlusive dressings should be discontinued and appropriate antimicrobial therapy instituted.
What other drugs will affect Hydrocortisone Acetate Foam?
Many drugs can interact with Hydrocortisone Acetate Foam. Below is just a partial list. Tell your doctor if you are using:
aspirin (taken on a daily basis or at high doses);
a diuretic (water pill);
a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven);
cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune);
insulin or diabetes medications you take by mouth;
rifampin (Rifadin, Rifater, Rifamate, Rimactane); or
seizure medications such as phenytoin (Dilantin) or phenobarbital (Luminal, Solfoton).
This list is not complete and there are many other drugs that can interact with Hydrocortisone Acetate Foam. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor. Keep a list of all your medicines and show it to any healthcare provider who treats you.
Hydrocortisone Acetate Foam interactions
(Systemic use):Combinations containing any of the following medications, depending on the amount present, also may interact with this medication:
Acetaminophen-Alcohol-Anti-inflammatory drugs, nonsteroidal (NSAIDs)- Aminoglutethimide
Amphotericin B,Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors,Anabolic steroids,Androgens,Antacids,Anticholinergics, especially atropine and related compounds
Anticoagulants, coumarin- or indanedione-
Heparin orStreptokinase orUrokinase
Antidiabetic agents, oral - Insulin -Antithyroid agents-Thyroid hormones-Contraceptives, oral, estrogen-containing.(Topical use): No specific interactions
- DailyMed. "CIPROFLOXACIN HYDROCHLORIDE; HYDROCORTISONE: DailyMed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the United States. DailyMed is the official provider of FDA label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailyme... (accessed September 17, 2018).
- FDA/SPL Indexing Data. "WI4X0X7BPJ: The UNique Ingredient Identifier (UNII) is an alphanumeric substance identifier from the joint FDA/USP Substance Registration System (SRS).". https://www.fda.gov/ForIndustry/Data... (accessed September 17, 2018).
- Wikipedia. "cortisol: Link to the compound information in Wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortis... (accessed September 17, 2018).
- MeSH. "Anti-Inflammatory Agents". https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/68... (accessed September 17, 2018).
- European Chemicals Agency - ECHA. "Hydrocortisone: The information provided here is aggregated from the "Notified classification and labelling" from ECHA's C&L Inventory. ". https://echa.europa.eu/information-o... (accessed September 17, 2018).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Hydrocortisone Acetate Foam are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Hydrocortisone Acetate Foam. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
Information checked by Dr. Sachin Kumar, MD Pharmacology