Is this medication very expensive?
What is Hydrocortisone Cherubino?
Hydrocortisone Cherubino is used to treat certain medical conditions, such as inflammation (swelling), severe allergic reactions, kidney diseases, adrenal problems, arthritis, asthma, blood or bone marrow problems, eye or vision problems, lupus, skin conditions, ulcerative colitis, and flare-ups of multiple sclerosis.
Hydrocortisone Cherubino is a corticosteroid (cortisone-like medicine or steroid). It works on the immune system to help relieve swelling, redness, itching, and allergic reactions.
Hydrocortisone Cherubino is to be given only by or under the supervision of a doctor.
Hydrocortisone Cherubino indications
Hydrocortisone Cherubino Tablets, USP are indicated in the following conditions:
1. Endocrine Disorders
Primary or secondary adrenocortical insufficiency (Hydrocortisone Cherubino or cortisone is the first choice; synthetic analogs may be
used in conjunction with mineralocorticoids where applicable; in infancy mineralocorticoid supplementation is of particular
Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
Hypercalcemia associated with cancer
2. Rheumatic Disorders
As adjunctive therapy for short-term administration (to tide the patient over an acute episode or exacerbation) in:
Rheumatoid arthritis, including juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (selected cases may require low-dose maintenance therapy)
Acute and subacute bursitis
Acute nonspecific tenosynovitis
Acute gouty arthritis
Synovitis or osteoarthritis
3. Collagen Diseases
During an exacerbation or as maintenance therapy in selected cases of:
Systemic lupus erythematosus
Acute rheumatic carditis
Systemic dermatomyositis (polymyositis)
4. Dermatologic Diseases
Bullous dermatitis herpetiformis
Severe erythema multiforme (Stevens-Johnson syndrome)
Severe seborrheic dermatitis
5. Allergic States
Control of severe or incapacitating allergic conditions intractable to adequate trials of conventional treatment:
Seasonal or perennial allergic rhinitis
Drug hypersensitivity reactions
6. Ophthalmic Diseases
Severe acute and chronic allergic and inflammatory processes involving the eye and its adnexa, such as:
Allergic corneal marginal ulcers
Herpes zoster ophthalmicus
Iritis and iridocyclitis
Anterior segment inflammation
Diffuse posterior uveitis and choroiditis
7. Respiratory Disease
Loeffler’s syndrome not manageable by other means
Fulminating or disseminated pulmonary tuberculosis when used concurrently with appropriate antituberculosis chemotherapy
8. Hematologic Disorder
Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in adults
Secondary thrombocytopenia in adults
Acquired (autoimmune) hemolytic anemia
Erythroblastopenia (RBC anemia)
Congenital (erythroid) hypoplastic anemia
9. Neoplastic Diseases
For palliative management of:
Leukemias and lymphomas in adults
Acute leukemia of childhood
10. Edematous States
To induce a diuresis or remission of proteinuria in the nephrotic syndrome, without uremia, of the idiopathic type or that
due to lupus erythematosus.
11. Gastrointestinal Diseases
To tide the patient over a critical period of the disease in:
Tuberculous meningitis with subarachnoid block or impending block when used concurrently with appropriate
Trichinosis with neurologic or myocardial involvement
How should I use Hydrocortisone Cherubino?
Use Hydrocortisone Cherubino as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Hydrocortisone Cherubino by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Hydrocortisone Cherubino. You may have an increased risk of side effects (eg, seizures). If you need to stop Hydrocortisone Cherubino or add a new medicine, your doctor will gradually lower your dose.
- If you miss a dose of Hydrocortisone Cherubino, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Hydrocortisone Cherubino.
Uses of Hydrocortisone Cherubino in details
It is used as a cream to treat mild to moderate inflammatory skin disorders such as mild to moderate eczema (itchy skin rash)contact dermatitis (e.g. after contact with certain plants, cosmetics, irritants like detergents), insect bite reactions.
Orally it is used to reduce pain, swelling and inflammation and to reduce the body's immune response. In general this drug is used to treat hormonal conditions when the body does not produce enough of its own steroids, and to treat a range of immune and allergic conditions. Hydrocortisone Cherubino is used as an injection for treating various conditions such as severe allergic reactions, arthritis, blood diseases, breathing problems, certain cancers, eye diseases, intestinal disorders, and skin diseases. The injectable form of Hydrocortisone Cherubino is used when a similar drug cannot be taken by mouth or when a very fast treatment is needed, especially in patients with severe medical conditions. This drug may also be used with other medications as a replacement for certain hormones.
Hydrocortisone Cherubino description
The main glucocorticoid secreted by the adrenal cortex. Its synthetic counterpart is used, either as an injection or topically, in the treatment of inflammation, allergy, collagen diseases, asthma, adrenocortical deficiency, shock, and some neoplastic conditions. [PubChem]
Active ingredient matches for Hydrocortisone Cherubino:
Hydrocortisone in Malta.
- DailyMed. "CIPROFLOXACIN HYDROCHLORIDE; HYDROCORTISONE: DailyMed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the United States. DailyMed is the official provider of FDA label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/se... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- Wikipedia. "cortisol: Link to the compound information in Wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortisol (accessed September 18, 2017).
- PubChem. "hydrocortisone". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compoun... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- FDA Orange Book. "Patent:6514980: The publication, Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations (the List, commonly known as the Orange Book), identifies drug products approved on the basis of safety and effectiveness by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act).". https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnD... (accessed September 18, 2017).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Hydrocortisone Cherubino are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Hydrocortisone Cherubino. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
Consumer reported usefulNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported price estimatesNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported time for resultsNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported ageNo survey data has been collected yet