How long did you take this medication to work?
What is Hydrocortone?
Hydrocortone valerate topical is used to help relieve redness, itching, swelling, or other discomfort caused by skin conditions. Hydrocortone valerate is a corticosteroid (cortisone-like medicine or steroid).
Hydrocortone valerate is available only with your doctor's prescription.
For parenteral use of Hydrocortone Xepa-Soul Pattinson: acute adrenal insufficiency, allergic reactions of immediate type, asthmatic status, prevention and treatment of shock, myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock, thyrotoxic crisis, thyroiditis, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, hypercalcemia due to tumor disease, short or additional therapy in acute rheumatic diseases, collagen diseases, pemphigus, bullous Dermatitis herpetiformis (Duhring disease), polymorphic bullous erythema, exfoliative dermatitis, granulosarcoid, severe forms of psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis, severe acute and chronic allergic and inflammatory processes with eyes involvement, symptomatic sarcoidosis, Loeffler syndrome if not amenable to other forms of therapy, berylliosis, focal or disseminated form of tuberculosis during anti tuberculosis chemotherapy, aspiration pneumonitis, adult idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (only IV), adult secondary thrombocytopenia, acquired (autoimmune) hemolytic anemia, erythroblastopenia, congenital (erythroid) anemotrophy, palliative therapy in leukemia and lymphoma adults with acute leukemia in children, to enhance diuresis and to reduce proteinuria in nephrotic syndrome without uremia, with nephrotic syndrome of idiopathic type or lupus erythematosus, in a critical stage of ulcerative colitis, and regional enteritis (as a systemic treatment), tuberculous meningitis with subarachnoid block or the development of its stake (in conjunction with antituberculosis chemotherapy), trichinosis with nervous system or myocardium, bronchial asthma, diseases of the joints.
For local use: inflammation of the anterior eyeball in intact epithelium of the cornea and after injury and surgery on the eyeball.
For external use: allergic dermatitis, seborrhea, various forms of eczema, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, pruritus, red flat verrucous zoster.
How should I use Hydrocortone?
Use Hydrocortone as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Shake the lotion well before each use.
- Apply a small amount of medicine to the affected area. Gently rub it in until it is evenly distributed. Wash your hands after applying Hydrocortone, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- Do not bandage or wrap the affected area unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Use the cleanser on the scalp or body as directed by your doctor. If applying to the scalp, massage a moderate amount into the wet scalp. Leave on for 2 to 3 minutes, then rinse well. Do not repeat. If using on the body, apply a generous amount, lather, and rinse well.
- If you miss a dose of Hydrocortone, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Hydrocortone.
Uses of Hydrocortone in details
It is used as a cream to treat mild to moderate inflammatory skin disorders such as mild to moderate eczema (itchy skin rash)contact dermatitis (e.g. after contact with certain plants, cosmetics, irritants like detergents), insect bite reactions.
Orally it is used to reduce pain, swelling and inflammation and to reduce the body's immune response. In general this drug is used to treat hormonal conditions when the body does not produce enough of its own steroids, and to treat a range of immune and allergic conditions. Hydrocortone is used as an injection for treating various conditions such as severe allergic reactions, arthritis, blood diseases, breathing problems, certain cancers, eye diseases, intestinal disorders, and skin diseases. The injectable form of Hydrocortone is used when a similar drug cannot be taken by mouth or when a very fast treatment is needed, especially in patients with severe medical conditions. This drug may also be used with other medications as a replacement for certain hormones.
Hydrocortone is the most well-known of the natural metabolic intermediary of cortisols. Cortisol is corticosteroid hormone or glucocorticoid produced by zona fasciculata of the adrenal cortex, which are a part of the adrenal gland. It is usually referred to as the "stress hormone" as it is involved in response to stress and anxiety, controlled by CRH. It increases blood pressure and blood sugar, and reduces immune responses. Various synthetic forms of cortisol are used to treat a variety of different illnesses. When first introduced as a treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, Hydrocortone was referred to as Compound E.
Active ingredient matches for Hydrocortone:
Hydrocortisone in Austria, Ireland, Japan, Portugal, Switzerland, United States.
- DailyMed. "CIPROFLOXACIN HYDROCHLORIDE; HYDROCORTISONE: DailyMed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the United States. DailyMed is the official provider of FDA label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/se... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- Wikipedia. "cortisol: Link to the compound information in Wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortisol (accessed September 18, 2017).
- PubChem. "hydrocortisone". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compoun... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- FDA Orange Book. "Patent:6514980: The publication, Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations (the List, commonly known as the Orange Book), identifies drug products approved on the basis of safety and effectiveness by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act).". https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnD... (accessed September 18, 2017).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Hydrocortone are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Hydrocortone. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
Consumer reported usefulNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported price estimatesNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported time for resultsNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported ageNo survey data has been collected yet