How long did you take this medication to work?
What is Hydrogalen?
Hydrogalen is a topical steroid. It reduces the actions of chemicals in the body that cause inflammation.
Hydrogalen topical is used to treat inflammation of the skin caused by a number of conditions such as allergic reactions, eczema, or psoriasis.
There are many brands and forms of Hydrogalen topical available and not all brands are listed on this leaflet.
Hydrogalen topical may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
For the relief of the inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses. Also used to treat endocrine (hormonal) disorders (adrenal insufficiency, Addisons disease). It is also used to treat many immune and allergic disorders, such as arthritis, lupus, severe psoriasis, severe asthma, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn's disease. (Acquired hemolytic anemias; Allergic conjunctivitis; Allergic rhinitis; Ankylosing spondylitis; Aspiration pneumonitis; Asthma; Atopic dermatitis; Berylliosis; Chorioretinitis; Congenital adrenal hyperplasia; Contact dermatitis; Crohn's disease; Dermatomyositis; Dermatosis; Epicondylitis; Erythroblastopenia; Exfoliative dermatitis; Herpes zoster ophthalmicus; Hypercalcemia of malignancy; Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura; Iridocyclitis; Iritis; Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis; Keratitis; Leukemia; Loeffler syndrome; Lymphoma; Mycosis fungoides; Optic neuritis; Pemphigus; Primary adrenocortical insufficiency; Proteinuria; Psoriatic arthritis; Rheumatic heart disease, unspecified; Rheumatoid arthritis; Secondary adrenocortical insufficiency; Serum sickness; Stevens-Johnson syndrome; Subacute thyroiditis; Sympathetic ophthalmia; Synovitis; Systemic lupus erythematosus; Trichinosis; Tuberculous meningitis; Ulcerative colitis; acute Bursitis; acute Gouty arthritis; acute Tenosynovitis; acute leukemia of childhood; allergic corneal marginal ulcer; anterior segment inflammation; bullous dermatitis herpetiformis; diffuse posterior uveitis; drug hypersensitivity reactions; secondary thrombocytopenia; severe Psoriasis; severe Seborrheic dermatitis; subacute Bursitis; symptomatic Sarcoidosis; systemic Dermatomyositis; tuberculosis;)
How should I use Hydrogalen?
Use Hydrogalen as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Shake the lotion well before each use.
- Apply a small amount of medicine to the affected area. Gently rub it in until it is evenly distributed. Wash your hands after applying Hydrogalen, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- Do not bandage or wrap the affected area unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Use the cleanser on the scalp or body as directed by your doctor. If applying to the scalp, massage a moderate amount into the wet scalp. Leave on for 2 to 3 minutes, then rinse well. Do not repeat. If using on the body, apply a generous amount, lather, and rinse well.
- If you miss a dose of Hydrogalen, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Hydrogalen.
Uses of Hydrogalen in details
It is used as a cream to treat mild to moderate inflammatory skin disorders such as mild to moderate eczema (itchy skin rash)contact dermatitis (e.g. after contact with certain plants, cosmetics, irritants like detergents), insect bite reactions.
Orally it is used to reduce pain, swelling and inflammation and to reduce the body's immune response. In general this drug is used to treat hormonal conditions when the body does not produce enough of its own steroids, and to treat a range of immune and allergic conditions. Hydrogalen is used as an injection for treating various conditions such as severe allergic reactions, arthritis, blood diseases, breathing problems, certain cancers, eye diseases, intestinal disorders, and skin diseases. The injectable form of Hydrogalen is used when a similar drug cannot be taken by mouth or when a very fast treatment is needed, especially in patients with severe medical conditions. This drug may also be used with other medications as a replacement for certain hormones.
Hydrogalen is the most well-known of the natural metabolic intermediary of cortisols. Cortisol is corticosteroid hormone or glucocorticoid produced by zona fasciculata of the adrenal cortex, which are a part of the adrenal gland. It is usually referred to as the "stress hormone" as it is involved in response to stress and anxiety, controlled by CRH. It increases blood pressure and blood sugar, and reduces immune responses. Various synthetic forms of cortisol are used to treat a variety of different illnesses. When first introduced as a treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, Hydrogalen was referred to as Compound E.
Active ingredient matches for Hydrogalen:
Hydrocortisone in Germany.
- DailyMed. "CIPROFLOXACIN HYDROCHLORIDE; HYDROCORTISONE: DailyMed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the United States. DailyMed is the official provider of FDA label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/se... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- Wikipedia. "cortisol: Link to the compound information in Wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortisol (accessed September 18, 2017).
- PubChem. "hydrocortisone". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compoun... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- FDA Orange Book. "Patent:6514980: The publication, Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations (the List, commonly known as the Orange Book), identifies drug products approved on the basis of safety and effectiveness by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act).". https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnD... (accessed September 18, 2017).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Hydrogalen are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Hydrogalen. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
Consumer reported usefulNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported price estimatesNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported time for resultsNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported ageNo survey data has been collected yet