How old is patient?
What is Moxifloxacin AL?
Treating eye infections caused by certain bacteria.
Moxifloxacin AL is a fluoroquinolone. It works by killing sensitive bacteria by stopping the production of essential proteins needed by the bacteria to survive.
Moxifloxacin AL indications
Moxifloxacin AL Tablets and I.V. are indicated for the treatment of adults ( ≥ 18 years of age) with infections caused by susceptible strains of the designated microorganisms in the conditions listed below. Acute Bacterial Sinusitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, or Moraxella catarrhalis.
Acute Bacterial Exacerbation of Chronic Bronchitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus, or Moraxella catarrhalis.
Community Acquired Pneumonia caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae (including multi-drug resistant strains*), Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, or Chlamydia pneumoniae.
* MDRSP, Multi-drug resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae includes isolates previously known as PRSP (Penicillin-resistant S. pneumoniae), and are strains resistant to two or more of the following antibiotics: penicillin (MIC ≥ 2 μg/mL), 2nd generation cephalosporins (e.g., cefuroxime), macrolides, tetracyclines, and trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole.
Uncomplicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections caused by methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pyogenes.
Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections including polymicrobial infections such as abscess caused by Escherichia coli, Bacteroides fragilis, Streptococcus anginosus, Streptococcus constellatus, Enterococcus faecalis, Proteus mirabilis, Clostridium perfringens, Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron, or Peptostreptococcus species.
Complicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections caused by methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, or Enterobacter cloacae.
Appropriate culture and susceptibility tests should be performed before treatment in order to isolate and identify organisms causing infection and to determine their susceptibility to Moxifloxacin AL. Therapy with Moxifloxacin AL may be initiated before results of these tests are known; once results become available, appropriate therapy should be continued.
To reduce the development of drug-resistant bacteria and maintain the effectiveness of Moxifloxacin AL and other antibacterial drugs, Moxifloxacin AL should be used only to treat or prevent infections that are proven or strongly suspected to be caused by susceptible bacteria. When culture and susceptibility information are available, they should be considered in selecting or modifying antibacterial therapy. In the absence of such data, local epidemiology and susceptibility patterns may contribute to the empiric selection of therapy.
How should I use Moxifloxacin AL?
Use Moxifloxacin AL as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Moxifloxacin AL is only for the eye. Do not get it in your nose or mouth.
- To use Moxifloxacin AL in the eye, first, wash your hands. Tilt your head back. Using your index finger, pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch. Drop the medicine into the pouch and gently close your eyes. Immediately use your finger to apply pressure to the inside corner of the eyelid for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not blink. Remove excess medicine around your eye with a clean, dry tissue, being careful not to touch your eye. Wash your hands to remove any medicine that may be on them.
- To prevent germs from contaminating your medicine, do not touch the applicator tip to any surface, including the eye. Keep the container tightly closed.
- Do not wear contact lenses while you are using Moxifloxacin AL. Take care of your contact lenses as directed by the manufacturer. Check with your doctor before you use them.
- To clear up your infection completely, use Moxifloxacin AL for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Moxifloxacin AL, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Moxifloxacin AL.
Uses of Moxifloxacin AL in details
Moxifloxacin AL is used to treat bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, infections of female upper genital tract, abdominal infections and infections of skin and eye.
Moxifloxacin AL description
Each tablet contains Moxifloxacin AL HCl 436.8 mg equivalent to Moxifloxacin AL 400 mg. It also contains croscarmellose sodium, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, hypromellose, macrogol 4000, titanium dioxide (E171) and ferric oxide (E172) as inactive constituents.
Each 250 mL solution for infusion contain Moxifloxacin AL HCl 436.8 mg equivalent to Moxifloxacin AL 400 mg. It also contains sodium chloride, 1N hydrochloric acid, 2N sodium hydroxide and water for injection. The solution for infusion (250 mL) contains sodium 34 mmol.
Active ingredient matches for Moxifloxacin AL:
Moxifloxacin in Germany.
- Wikipedia. "moxifloxacin: Link to the compound information in Wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moxifloxac... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- PubChem. "moxifloxacin". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compoun... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- FDA Orange Book. "Patent:9114168: The publication, Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations (the List, commonly known as the Orange Book), identifies drug products approved on the basis of safety and effectiveness by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act).". https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnD... (accessed September 18, 2017).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Moxifloxacin AL are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Moxifloxacin AL. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
Consumer reported usefulNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported price estimatesNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported time for resultsNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported ageNo survey data has been collected yet