Was this medicine useful for you?
What is Moxifloxacin Drops?
Moxifloxacin Drops is an antibiotic in a group of drugs called fluoroquinolones (flor-o-KWIN-o-lones). Moxifloxacin Drops fights bacteria in the body.
Moxifloxacin Drops is used to treat different types of bacterial infections of the skin, sinuses, lungs, or stomach.
Moxifloxacin Drops may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Moxifloxacin Drops indications
Moxifloxacin Drops and I.V. are indicated for the treatment of adults ( ≥ 18 years of age) with infections caused by susceptible strains of the designated microorganisms in the conditions listed below. Acute Bacterial Sinusitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, or Moraxella catarrhalis.
Acute Bacterial Exacerbation of Chronic Bronchitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus, or Moraxella catarrhalis.
Community Acquired Pneumonia caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae (including multi-drug resistant strains*), Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, or Chlamydia pneumoniae.
* MDRSP, Multi-drug resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae includes isolates previously known as PRSP (Penicillin-resistant S. pneumoniae), and are strains resistant to two or more of the following antibiotics: penicillin (MIC ≥ 2 μg/mL), 2nd generation cephalosporins (e.g., cefuroxime), macrolides, tetracyclines, and trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole.
Uncomplicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections caused by methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pyogenes.
Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections including polymicrobial infections such as abscess caused by Escherichia coli, Bacteroides fragilis, Streptococcus anginosus, Streptococcus constellatus, Enterococcus faecalis, Proteus mirabilis, Clostridium perfringens, Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron, or Peptostreptococcus species.
Complicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections caused by methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, or Enterobacter cloacae.
Appropriate culture and susceptibility tests should be performed before treatment in order to isolate and identify organisms causing infection and to determine their susceptibility to Moxifloxacin Drops. Therapy with Moxifloxacin Drops may be initiated before results of these tests are known; once results become available, appropriate therapy should be continued.
To reduce the development of drug-resistant bacteria and maintain the effectiveness of Moxifloxacin Drops and other antibacterial drugs, Moxifloxacin Drops should be used only to treat or prevent infections that are proven or strongly suspected to be caused by susceptible bacteria. When culture and susceptibility information are available, they should be considered in selecting or modifying antibacterial therapy. In the absence of such data, local epidemiology and susceptibility patterns may contribute to the empiric selection of therapy.
How should I use Moxifloxacin Drops?
Use Moxifloxacin Drops as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Moxifloxacin Drops comes with an extra patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully. Read it again each time you get Moxifloxacin Drops refilled.
- Take Moxifloxacin Drops by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Drink plenty of liquids while taking Moxifloxacin Drops.
- Do not take a product that has magnesium, aluminum, calcium, zinc, iron, or sucralfate in it within 8 hours before or 4 hours after you take Moxifloxacin Drops. Examples of these products include antacids, multivitamins, chewable/buffered didanosine, didanosine suspension, and quinapril. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you have a question about whether you should separate Moxifloxacin Drops from a certain food or product.
- Take Moxifloxacin Drops on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Moxifloxacin Drops for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Moxifloxacin Drops, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take more than 1 dose in the same day.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Moxifloxacin Drops.
Uses of Moxifloxacin Drops in details
Moxifloxacin Drops is used to treat bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, infections of female upper genital tract, abdominal infections and infections of skin and eye.
Moxifloxacin Drops description
Each tablet contains Moxifloxacin Drops HCl 436.8 mg equivalent to Moxifloxacin Drops 400 mg. It also contains croscarmellose sodium, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, hypromellose, macrogol 4000, titanium dioxide (E171) and ferric oxide (E172) as inactive constituents.
Each 250 mL solution for infusion contain Moxifloxacin Drops HCl 436.8 mg equivalent to Moxifloxacin Drops 400 mg. It also contains sodium chloride, 1N hydrochloric acid, 2N sodium hydroxide and water for injection. The solution for infusion (250 mL) contains sodium 34 mmol.
Active ingredient matches for Moxifloxacin Drops:
- Wikipedia. "moxifloxacin: Link to the compound information in Wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moxifloxac... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- PubChem. "moxifloxacin". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compoun... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- FDA Orange Book. "Patent:9114168: The publication, Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations (the List, commonly known as the Orange Book), identifies drug products approved on the basis of safety and effectiveness by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act).". https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnD... (accessed September 18, 2017).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Moxifloxacin Drops are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Moxifloxacin Drops. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
1 consumer reported usefulWas the Moxifloxacin Drops drug useful in terms of decreasing the symptom or the disease?
According to the reports released by ndrugs.com website users, the below mentioned percentages of users say the drug is useful / not useful to them in decreasing their symptoms/disease. The usefulness of the drug depends on many factors, like severity of the disease, perception of symptom, or disease by the patient, brand name used [matters only to a certain extent], other associated conditions of the patient. If the drug is not effective or useful in your case, you need to meet the doctor to get re-evaluated about your symptoms/disease, and he will prescribe an alternative drug.
1 consumer reported price estimatesWas the price you paid to purchase the drug reasonable? Did you feel it was expensive?
The below mentioned numbers have been reported by ndrugs.com website users about whether the Moxifloxacin Drops drug is expensive or inexpensive. There is a mixed opinion among users. The rating about the cost of the drug depends on factors like which brand drug the patient purchased, how effective it was for the price paid, the country or place the drug is marketed, and the economic condition of the patient. The users who feel the drug is expensive can look for an alternative brand drug or a generic drug to save the cost.
1 consumer reported time for resultsTo what extent do I have to use Moxifloxacin Drops before I begin to see changes in my health conditions?
As part of the reports released by ndrugs.com website users, it takes 5 days and a few days before you notice an improvement in your health conditions.
Please note, it doesn't mean you will start to notice such health improvement in the same time frame as other users. There are many factors to consider, and we implore you to visit your doctor to know how long before you can see improvements in your health while taking Moxifloxacin Drops. To get the time effectiveness of using Moxifloxacin Drops drug by other patients, please click here.
1 consumer reported age