How long did you take this medication to work?
Overdose of Multiminerals/Multivitamins in details
When a dose is taken in higher dose than the recommended doses, it is called Overdose. Overdose always needs a clinical supervision. Any medicine or drug when consumed in Overdose produces untoward side effects on one or various organs in the body. A medicine is excreted in the kidney or metabolized in the liver most of the times. This process goes without any hurdles when taken in normal dose, but when taken in an overdose, the body is not able to metabolize it or send it out properly which causes the effects of anoverdose.
If someone has overdosed and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, call 911. Otherwise, call a poison control center right away. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center. Symptoms of overdose may include: stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
If your doctor has prescribed this medication, do not share it with others.
Keep all regular medical and laboratory appointments.
Some brands may also contain ingredients such as docusate. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have questions about the ingredients in your brand.
This product is not a substitute for a proper diet. Remember that it is best to get your vitamins from healthy foods. Maintain a well-balanced diet and follow any dietary guidelines as directed by your doctor.
If you are taking this product on a prescribed schedule and miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.
Store at room temperature between 59-86 degrees F (15-30 degrees C) away from light and moisture. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep all medicines away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Warnings are a mix of Precautions. Contraindications and interactions and serious harmful effects associated with the medicine intake. A diabetic or Hypertensive patient need to be warned about few drug interactions. A known hypersensitivity patient needs to be careful about the reactions or anaphylactic shock. A pregnant woman or a breastfeeding woman should be warned of certain medications. A Hepatitis [liver disease] patient or a cardiac patient should avoid few drugs.
This medicine is used to treat symptoms of hay fever such as runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing. Your doctor may use antihistimines for other conditions as well.
This information is for educational purposes only. Not every known side effect, adverse effect, or drug interaction is in this database. If you have questions about your medicines, talk to your healthcare provider.
Proper use of this medicin
For proper use of this medicine, follow the directions on the package, unless otherwise instructed by your doctor
If your doctor has instructed you to take this medicine regularly and you miss a dose, take your next dose, as soon as you remember. If you are close to your next dose, do not double up. Skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed
Possible Side Effect
Common side effects include: dizzines drowsiness dry mout This medicine can cause excitement especially in children. See a doctor immediately if you experience: fast or irregular heartbeat mental or mood changes tightness in the chest unusual tiredness or weakness While taking this medicine, if you experience, chest tightness, difficulty in breathing or swallowing, swelling in the face or lips, go to the doctor immediately and stop taking the medication until you have talked to your doctor.
Do NOT take this medicine with orange, apple or grapefruit juice. The levels of this medicine in your blood may be decreased by 70%.
Seek medical attention immediately. For non emergencies, contact your local or regional poison control cente
Before taking any other medications, by prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) talk to your health care provider. Some medicines may change the way this medicine affects your body. Also the effects of other medicines may be increased or decreased by this medicine
Talk to your doctor about using this medicine during pregnancy or nursing to discuss any possible risks to you or your baby
For more information about this medicine, talk to your healthcare provider
Certain people who are very sick or very old or who are sensitive show an exacerbation of side effect of the drug which can turn dangerous at times. So, it is very important to remember the precautions while taking the medicine. Pregnancy and Breastfeeding are also special categories wherein extra care or precaution is needed when taking a drug. Few patients may have a hypersensitivity reaction to few medications, and that can be life-threatening rarely. Penicillin hypersensitivity is one example. Diarrhea, rashes are few other symptoms which need a watch. A patient with other co-existing diseases like liver disease, heart disease, kidney disease should take special precautions.
Before taking this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to any of its ingredients; or to soy/peanut found in some brands; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: use/abuse of alcohol, liver problems, stomach/intestinal problems (e.g., ulcer, colitis).
If your brand of multivitamin also contains folic acid, be sure to tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have vitamin B12 deficiency (pernicious anemia) before taking it. Folic acid may affect certain laboratory tests for vitamin B12 deficiency without treating this anemia. Untreated vitamin B12 deficiency may result in serious nerve problems (e.g., peripheral neuropathy). Consult your doctor or pharmacist for details.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant before using this medication.
This medication passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
Information checked by Dr. Sachin Kumar, MD Pharmacology