What is the dose of your medication?
What is Ofloxacin 400?
Ofloxacin 400 is an antibiotic in a group of drugs called fluoroquinolones (flor-o-KWIN-o-lones). Ofloxacin 400 fights bacteria in the body.
Ofloxacin 400 is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, lungs, prostate, or urinary tract (bladder and kidneys). Ofloxacin 400 is also used to treat pelvic inflammatory disease and Chlamydia and/or gonorrhea.
Ofloxacin 400 may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Ofloxacin 400 indications
(Ofloxacin 400 ) Tablets are indicated for the treatment of adults with mild to moderate infections (unless otherwise indicated) caused by susceptible strains of the designated microorganisms in the infections listed below.
Acute bacterial exacerbations of chronic bronchitis due to Haemophilus influenzae or Streptococcus pneumoniae.
Community-acquired Pneumonia due to Haemophilus influenzae or Streptococcus pneumoniae.
Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections due to methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pyogenes, or Proteus mirabilis.
Acute, uncomplicated urethral and cervical gonorrhea due to Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
Nongonococcal urethritis and cervicitis due to Chlamydia trachomatis.
Mixed Infections of the urethra and cervix due to Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
Acute pelvic inflammatory disease (including severe infection) due to Chlamydia trachomatis and/or Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
NOTE: If anaerobic microorganisms are suspected of contributing to the infection, appropriate therapy for anaerobic pathogens should be administered.
Uncomplicated cystitis due to Citrobacter diversus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Proteus mirabilis, or Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Complicated urinary tract infections due to Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Proteus mirabilis, Citrobacter diversus, or Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Prostatitis due to Escherichia coli.
The ophthalmic form is used to treat external ophthalmic infections due to some gram-positive strains of bacteria, such as staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Streptococcus. And gram-negative strains of bacteria,such as enterococcus and haemuphilus influenza,proteus,pseudomonas aureginosa.
How should I use Ofloxacin 400?
Use Ofloxacin 400 as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Ofloxacin 400 by mouth with or without food.
- Take Ofloxacin 400 with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL). Drink several glasses of water daily, unless otherwise instructed by your doctor.
- Do not drink milk or eat dairy products, or take antacids, didanosine, sucralfate, or vitamins within 2 hours before or after taking Ofloxacin 400.
- Ofloxacin 400 works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Ofloxacin 400 for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Ofloxacin 400.
Uses of Ofloxacin 400 in details
Ofloxacin 400 is used to treat bacterial infections including upper and lower urinary tract infections, lower respiratory tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections and sexually transmitted infections (of urethra and cervix).
Ofloxacin 400 description
A synthetic fluoroquinolone (fluoroquinolones) antibacterial agent that inhibits the supercoiling activity of bacterial DNA gyrase, halting DNA replication. [PubChem]
Active ingredient matches for Ofloxacin 400:
- DailyMed. "OFLOXACIN: DailyMed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the United States. DailyMed is the official provider of FDA label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/se... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- Wikipedia. "ofloxacin: Link to the compound information in Wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ofloxacin (accessed September 18, 2017).
- PubChem. "ofloxacin". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compoun... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- FDA Orange Book. "OFLOXACIN: The publication, Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations (the List, commonly known as the Orange Book), identifies drug products approved on the basis of safety and effectiveness by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act).". https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnD... (accessed September 18, 2017).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Ofloxacin 400 are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Ofloxacin 400. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
Consumer reported usefulNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported price estimatesNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported time for resultsNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported ageNo survey data has been collected yet