How times a day do you take this medicine?
What is Ofloxacin Daewon?
Ofloxacin Daewon is an antibiotic in a group of drugs called fluoroquinolones (flor-o-KWIN-o-lones). Ofloxacin Daewon fights bacteria in the body.
Ofloxacin Daewon is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, lungs, prostate, or urinary tract (bladder and kidneys). Ofloxacin Daewon is also used to treat pelvic inflammatory disease and Chlamydia and/or gonorrhea.
Ofloxacin Daewon may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Ofloxacin Daewon indications
Upper & lower UTI, lower resp tract infections, uncomplicated urethral & cervical gonorrhoea, non-gonococcal urethritis & cervicitis.
How should I use Ofloxacin Daewon?
Use Ofloxacin Daewon as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Ofloxacin Daewon by mouth with or without food.
- Take Ofloxacin Daewon with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL). Drink several glasses of water daily, unless otherwise instructed by your doctor.
- Do not drink milk or eat dairy products, or take antacids, didanosine, sucralfate, or vitamins within 2 hours before or after taking Ofloxacin Daewon.
- Ofloxacin Daewon works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Ofloxacin Daewon for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Ofloxacin Daewon.
Uses of Ofloxacin Daewon in details
Ofloxacin Daewon is used to treat bacterial infections including upper and lower urinary tract infections, lower respiratory tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections and sexually transmitted infections (of urethra and cervix).
Ofloxacin Daewon description
A synthetic fluoroquinolone (fluoroquinolones) antibacterial agent that inhibits the supercoiling activity of bacterial DNA gyrase, halting DNA replication. [PubChem]
Active ingredient matches for Ofloxacin Daewon:
Ofloxacin in Hong Kong.
- DailyMed. "OFLOXACIN: DailyMed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the United States. DailyMed is the official provider of FDA label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/se... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- Wikipedia. "ofloxacin: Link to the compound information in Wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ofloxacin (accessed September 18, 2017).
- PubChem. "ofloxacin". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compoun... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- FDA Orange Book. "OFLOXACIN: The publication, Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations (the List, commonly known as the Orange Book), identifies drug products approved on the basis of safety and effectiveness by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act).". https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnD... (accessed September 18, 2017).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Ofloxacin Daewon are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Ofloxacin Daewon. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
Consumer reported usefulNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported price estimatesNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported time for resultsNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported ageNo survey data has been collected yet