Was this medicine useful for you?
What is Ofloxacin Drops?
Treating and preventing eye infections associated with conjunctivitis (pink eye) and corneal ulcers caused by certain bacteria in patients 1 year of age and older.
Ofloxacin Drops drops is an ophthalmic fluoroquinolone antibiotic. It stops or prevents bacterial infections of the eyeball by either killing susceptible bacteria or inhibiting their growth.
Ofloxacin Drops indications
Ofloxacin Drops Ophthalmic Solution is indicated for the treatment of infections caused by susceptible strains of the following bacteria in the conditions listed below:
* Efficacy for this organism was studied in fewer than 10 infections
How should I use Ofloxacin Drops?
Use Ofloxacin Drops drops as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- To use Ofloxacin Drops drops in the eye, first, wash your hands. Tilt your head back. Using your index finger, pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch. Drop the medicine into the pouch and gently close your eyes. Immediately use your finger to apply pressure to the inside corner of the eyelid for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not blink. Remove excess medicine around your eye with a clean, dry tissue, being careful not to touch your eye. Wash your hands to remove any medicine that may be on them.
- To prevent germs from contaminating your medicine, do not touch the applicator tip to any surface, including the eye. Keep the container tightly closed.
- Do not wear contact lenses while you are using Ofloxacin Drops drops. Take care of your contact lenses as directed by the manufacturer. Check with your doctor before you use them.
- Ofloxacin Drops drops works best if used at the same time each day.
- To clear up your infection completely, use Ofloxacin Drops drops for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Ofloxacin Drops drops, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Ofloxacin Drops drops.
Uses of Ofloxacin Drops in details
Ofloxacin Drops is used to treat bacterial infections including upper and lower urinary tract infections, lower respiratory tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections and sexually transmitted infections (of urethra and cervix).
Ofloxacin Drops description
A synthetic fluoroquinolone (fluoroquinolones) antibacterial agent that inhibits the supercoiling activity of bacterial DNA gyrase, halting DNA replication. [PubChem]
Active ingredient matches for Ofloxacin Drops:
- DailyMed. "OFLOXACIN: DailyMed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the United States. DailyMed is the official provider of FDA label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/se... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- Wikipedia. "ofloxacin: Link to the compound information in Wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ofloxacin (accessed September 18, 2017).
- PubChem. "ofloxacin". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compoun... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- FDA Orange Book. "OFLOXACIN: The publication, Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations (the List, commonly known as the Orange Book), identifies drug products approved on the basis of safety and effectiveness by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act).". https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnD... (accessed September 18, 2017).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Ofloxacin Drops are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Ofloxacin Drops. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
Consumer reported usefulNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported price estimatesNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported time for resultsNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported ageNo survey data has been collected yet