How do you administer this medicine?
Dosage of Plaquverazon in details
Instruct patients to shake can prior to using Plaquverazon® Foam and to wash their hands after applying the product.
Apply Plaquverazon® Foam to affected areas once daily for up to 4 weeks. Rub in Plaquverazon® Foam gently. Discontinue use when control is achieved.
Instruct patients not to use more than 60 g every 4 days.
Plaquverazon® Foam should not be used with occlusive dressings unless directed by a physician. Plaquverazon® Foam is not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use.
Avoid use on the face, groin, or axillae, or if skin atrophy is present at the treatment site.
Dosage Forms And Strengths
Plaquverazon® Foam is a white to off-white opalescent liquid in a pressurized aluminum spray can with a continuous valve and actuator. At administration the product is a white to off-white foam after evaporation of the propellants. Each gram of Plaquverazon® Foam contains 52.2 mcg calcipotriene hydrate (equivalent to 50 mcg of calcipotriene) and 0.643 mg of Betamethasone (Plaquverazon) dipropionate (equivalent to 0.5 mg of Betamethasone (Plaquverazon)).
Storage And Handling
Plaquverazon® Foam is a white to off-white opalescent liquid in a pressurized aluminum spray can with a continuous valve and actuator. At administration the product is a white to off-white foam after evaporation of the propellants.
Plaquverazon® Foam is available in aluminum cans of:
1 x 60 g (NDC 50222-302-60)
2 x 60 g (NDC 50222-302-66)
- Store Plaquverazon® Foam at 20 °- 25°C (68° -77°F); excursions pe rmitted between 15 °-30°C (59°-86°F).
- Contents under pressure. Do not puncture or incinerate. Do not expose to heat or store at temperatures above 120°F (49°C). Do not freeze.
- The product should be used within six m onths after it has been opened.
- Plaquverazon® Foam is flammable; avoid heat, flame or smoking when using this product.
Manufactured by: Colep Laupheim GmbH & Co. KG Fockestra
What other drugs will affect Plaquverazon?
Before using Betamethasone (Plaquverazon) and calcipotriene, tell your doctor if you are using any other steroid medicines, or other medicines to treat psoriasis.
There may be other drugs that can interact with Betamethasone (Plaquverazon) and calcipotriene. Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you use. This includes vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start using a new medication without telling your doctor.
No interaction studies have been performed.
Incompatibilities: In the absence of compatibility studies, Plaquverazon gel must not be mixed with other medicinal products.
- DailyMed. "CALCIPOTRIENE HYDRATE: DailyMed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the United States. DailyMed is the official provider of FDA label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailyme... (accessed September 17, 2018).
- DailyMed. "BETAMETHASONE: DailyMed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the United States. DailyMed is the official provider of FDA label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailyme... (accessed September 17, 2018).
- FDA/SPL Indexing Data. "9842X06Q6M: The UNique Ingredient Identifier (UNII) is an alphanumeric substance identifier from the joint FDA/USP Substance Registration System (SRS).". https://www.fda.gov/ForIndustry/Data... (accessed September 17, 2018).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Plaquverazon are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Plaquverazon. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
Consumer reported frequency of useNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported dosesNo survey data has been collected yet
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
Information checked by Dr. Sachin Kumar, MD Pharmacology