How times a day do you take this medicine?
What is Rociross 250?
Rociross 250 is used to treat bacterial infections in many different parts of the body. Rociross 250 is also given before certain types of surgery to prevent infections.
Rociross 250 belongs to the class of medicines known as cephalosporin antibiotics. It works by killing bacteria or preventing their growth. However, Rociross 250 will not work for colds, flu, or other virus infections.
Rociross 250 is available only with your doctor's prescription.
Rociross 250 indications
Acute bacterial otitis media ( Rocephin ); treatment of infections of lower respiratory tract, skin and skin structures, bone and joint, and urinary tract; treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease, intra-abdominal infections, gonorrhea ( Rocephin ), meningitis, and septicemia caused by susceptible microorganisms; preoperative prophylaxis.
Neurologic complications, arthritis, and carditis associated with Lyme disease in patients refractory to penicillin G.
How should I use Rociross 250?
Use Rociross 250 as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Rociross 250 is usually given as an injection at your doctor's office, hospital, or clinic. If you will be using Rociross 250 at home, a health care provider will teach you how to use it. Be sure you understand how to use Rociross 250. Follow the procedures you are taught when you use a dose. Contact your health care provider if you have any questions.
- Rociross 250 is light yellow to amber in color. Do not use Rociross 250 if it contains particles, is cloudy or discolored, or if the vial or container is cracked or damaged in any way.
- To clear up your infection completely, use Rociross 250 for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
- Keep this product, as well as syringes and needles, out of the reach of children and pets. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials. Ask your health care provider how to dispose of these materials after use. Follow all local rules for disposal.
- If you miss a dose of Rociross 250, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Rociross 250.
Uses of Rociross 250 in details
Rociross 250 is used to treat bacterial infections of the brain respiratory tract ear abdomen abdominal wall, urinary tract and kidney, bones, joints, and skin or soft tissues. It is also used in the management of fever with low white blood cells (neutropenia), surgical site infections, joint pain caused by parasite ticks (Lyme disease), typhoid, paratyphoid and sexually transmitted infections (gonorrhea, syphilis).
Rociross 250 description
A broad-spectrum cephalosporin antibiotic with a very long half-life and high penetrability to meninges, eyes and inner ears. [PubChem]
Active ingredient matches for Rociross 250:
- DailyMed. "CEFTRIAXONE SODIUM: DailyMed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the United States. DailyMed is the official provider of FDA label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/se... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- Wikipedia. "ceftriaxone: Link to the compound information in Wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceftriaxon... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- PubChem. "ceftriaxone". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compoun... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- FDA Orange Book. "CEFTRIAXONE SODIUM; LIDOCAINE: The publication, Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations (the List, commonly known as the Orange Book), identifies drug products approved on the basis of safety and effectiveness by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act).". https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnD... (accessed September 18, 2017).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Rociross 250 are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Rociross 250. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
Consumer reported usefulNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported price estimatesNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported time for resultsNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported ageNo survey data has been collected yet