How old is patient?
What is Roxcef?
Roxcef is used to treat bacterial infections in many different parts of the body. Roxcef is also given before certain types of surgery to prevent infections.
Roxcef belongs to the class of medicines known as cephalosporin antibiotics. It works by killing bacteria or preventing their growth. However, Roxcef will not work for colds, flu, or other virus infections.
Roxcef is available only with your doctor's prescription.
Acute bacterial otitis media ( Rocephin ); treatment of infections of lower respiratory tract, skin and skin structures, bone and joint, and urinary tract; treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease, intra-abdominal infections, gonorrhea ( Rocephin ), meningitis, and septicemia caused by susceptible microorganisms; preoperative prophylaxis.
Neurologic complications, arthritis, and carditis associated with Lyme disease in patients refractory to penicillin G.
How should I use Roxcef?
Use Roxcef as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Roxcef is usually given as an injection at your doctor's office, hospital, or clinic. If you will be using Roxcef at home, a health care provider will teach you how to use it. Be sure you understand how to use Roxcef. Follow the procedures you are taught when you use a dose. Contact your health care provider if you have any questions.
- Roxcef is light yellow to amber in color. Do not use Roxcef if it contains particles, is cloudy or discolored, or if the vial or container is cracked or damaged in any way.
- To clear up your infection completely, use Roxcef for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
- Keep this product, as well as syringes and needles, out of the reach of children and pets. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials. Ask your health care provider how to dispose of these materials after use. Follow all local rules for disposal.
- If you miss a dose of Roxcef, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Roxcef.
Uses of Roxcef in details
Roxcef is used to treat bacterial infections of the brain respiratory tract ear abdomen abdominal wall, urinary tract and kidney, bones, joints, and skin or soft tissues. It is also used in the management of fever with low white blood cells (neutropenia), surgical site infections, joint pain caused by parasite ticks (Lyme disease), typhoid, paratyphoid and sexually transmitted infections (gonorrhea, syphilis).
A broad-spectrum cephalosporin antibiotic with a very long half-life and high penetrability to meninges, eyes and inner ears. [PubChem]
Active ingredient matches for Roxcef:
Ceftriaxone in Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
- DailyMed. "CEFTRIAXONE SODIUM: DailyMed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the United States. DailyMed is the official provider of FDA label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/se... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- Wikipedia. "ceftriaxone: Link to the compound information in Wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceftriaxon... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- PubChem. "ceftriaxone". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compoun... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- FDA Orange Book. "CEFTRIAXONE SODIUM; LIDOCAINE: The publication, Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations (the List, commonly known as the Orange Book), identifies drug products approved on the basis of safety and effectiveness by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act).". https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnD... (accessed September 18, 2017).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Roxcef are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Roxcef. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
Consumer reported usefulNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported price estimatesNo survey data has been collected yet
1 consumer reported time for resultsTo what extent do I have to use Roxcef before I begin to see changes in my health conditions?
As part of the reports released by ndrugs.com website users, it takes 1 week and a few days before you notice an improvement in your health conditions.
Please note, it doesn't mean you will start to notice such health improvement in the same time frame as other users. There are many factors to consider, and we implore you to visit your doctor to know how long before you can see improvements in your health while taking Roxcef. To get the time effectiveness of using Roxcef drug by other patients, please click here.
Consumer reported ageNo survey data has been collected yet