How do you administer this medicine?
What are the possible side effects of Roxithromycin Mekopharma?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using erythromycin topical and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
severe burning, stinging, or redness;
oozing or other signs of skin infection;
worsening of your skin condition; or
diarrhea that is watery or bloody.
Less serious side effects may include:
mild skin irritation or tenderness;
dry or oily skin;
mild eye irritation.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Side effects of Roxithromycin Mekopharma in details
Applies to benzoyl peroxide topical: topical bar, topical cream, topical foam, topical gel/jelly, topical liquid, topical lotion, topical pad, topical soap, topical solution
In addition to its needed effects, some unwanted effects may be caused by benzoyl peroxide topical (the active ingredient contained in Roxithromycin Mekopharma). In the event that any of these side effects do occur, they may require medical attention.
Major Side Effects
You should check with your doctor immediately if any of these side effects occur when taking benzoyl peroxide topical:
Less common or rare:
- Painful irritation of skin, including burning, blistering, crusting, itching, severe redness, or swelling
- skin rash
- Difficult breathing
- swelling of the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- tightness in the throat
If any of the following symptoms of overdose occur while taking benzoyl peroxide topical, get emergency help immediately:
Symptoms of overdose:
- Burning, itching, scaling, redness, or swelling of skin (severe)
Minor Side Effects
Some of the side effects that can occur with benzoyl peroxide topical may not need medical attention. As your body adjusts to the medicine during treatment these side effects may go away. Your health care professional may also be able to tell you about ways to reduce or prevent some of these side effects. If any of the following side effects continue, are bothersome or if you have any questions about them, check with your health care professional:
- Dryness or peeling of the skin (may occur after a few days)
- feeling of warmth, mild stinging, and redness of the skin
What is the most important information I should know about Roxithromycin Mekopharma?
Use exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Wash your hands before and after using this medicine.
Avoid using other medications on the areas you treat with erythromycin topical unless your doctor tells you to.
Avoid getting this medication in your eyes, mouth, and nose, or on your lips. If it does get into any of these areas, rinse with water.
It may take up to 12 weeks before your symptoms improve. Keep using the medication as directed and tell your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 6 weeks of treatment.
Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or bloody, stop taking erythromycin topical and call your doctor. Do not use anti-diarrhea medicine unless your doctor tells you to.
Roxithromycin Mekopharma contraindications
Known allergy to macrolides.
Concomitant administration of Roxithromycin Mekopharma with vasoconstrictive ergot (alkaloid) derivatives is contra-indicated since symptoms of ergotism have been described with other macrolides.
- DTP/NCI. "roxithromycin: The NCI Development Therapeutics Program (DTP) provides services and resources to the academic and private-sector research communities worldwide to facilitate the discovery and development of new cancer therapeutic agents.". https://dtp.cancer.gov/dtpstandard/s... (accessed September 17, 2018).
- European Chemicals Agency - ECHA. "(3R,4S,5S,6R,7R,9R,10E,11S,12R,13S,14R)-6-[4-(dimethylamino)-3-hydroxy-6-methyloxan-2-yl]oxy-14-ethyl-7,12,13-trihydroxy-4-(5-hydroxy-4-methoxy-4,6-dimethyloxan-2-yl)oxy-10-(2-methoxyethoxymethoxyimino)-3,5,7,9,11,13-hexamethyl-oxacyclotetradecan-2-one: The information provided here is aggregated from the "Notified classification and labelling" from ECHA's C&L Inventory. ". https://echa.europa.eu/information-o... (accessed September 17, 2018).
- NCIt. "Roxithromycin: NCI Thesaurus (NCIt) provides reference terminology for many systems. It covers vocabulary for clinical care, translational and basic research, and public information and administrative activities.". https://ncit.nci.nih.gov/ncitbrowser... (accessed September 17, 2018).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Roxithromycin Mekopharma are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Roxithromycin Mekopharma. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
Consumer reported side effectsNo survey data has been collected yet
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
Information checked by Dr. Sachin Kumar, MD Pharmacology