Side effects of Roxithromycin in details
Applies to benzoyl peroxide topical: topical bar, topical cream, topical foam, topical gel/jelly, topical liquid, topical lotion, topical pad, topical soap, topical solution
In addition to its needed effects, some unwanted effects may be caused by benzoyl peroxide topical (the active ingredient contained in Roxithromycin). In the event that any of these side effects do occur, they may require medical attention.
Major Side Effects
You should check with your doctor immediately if any of these side effects occur when taking benzoyl peroxide topical:
Less common or rare:
- Painful irritation of skin, including burning, blistering, crusting, itching, severe redness, or swelling
- skin rash
- Difficult breathing
- swelling of the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- tightness in the throat
If any of the following symptoms of overdose occur while taking benzoyl peroxide topical, get emergency help immediately:
Symptoms of overdose:
- Burning, itching, scaling, redness, or swelling of skin (severe)
Minor Side Effects
Some of the side effects that can occur with benzoyl peroxide topical may not need medical attention. As your body adjusts to the medicine during treatment these side effects may go away. Your health care professional may also be able to tell you about ways to reduce or prevent some of these side effects. If any of the following side effects continue, are bothersome or if you have any questions about them, check with your health care professional:
- Dryness or peeling of the skin (may occur after a few days)
- feeling of warmth, mild stinging, and redness of the skin
Known allergy to macrolides.
Concomitant administration of roxithromycin with vasoconstrictive ergot (alkaloid) derivatives is contra-indicated since symptoms of ergotism have been described with other macrolides.
- European Chemicals Agency - ECHA. "(3R,4S,5S,6R,7R,9R,10E,11S,12R,13S,14R)-6-[4-(dimethylamino)-3-hydroxy-6-methyloxan-2-yl]oxy-14-ethyl-7,12,13-trihydroxy-4-(5-hydroxy-4-methoxy-4,6-dimethyloxan-2-yl)oxy-10-(2-methoxyethoxymethoxyimino)-3,5,7,9,11,13-hexamethyl-oxacyclotetradecan-2-one: The information provided here is aggregated from the "Notified classification and labelling" from ECHA's C&L Inventory. ". https://echa.europa.eu/information-on-ch... (accessed September 18, 2017).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Roxithromycin are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Roxithromycin. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
1 consumer reported side effectsDid you experience side effects while taking Roxithromycin drug?
According to the report by ndrugs.com, the below mentioned statistics discuss the number of people who experienced side effects after taking Roxithromycin drug. Every drug produces at least minor unwanted effects, which we call side effects. The side effects can be bothersome, or they can be minor so patients do not know they are experiencing them. The side effects of the drug depend on the individual, severity of disease, symptom, and associated conditions in the patient. The most deciding factor is the drug dosage. The higher the dosage, the higher the therapeutic result, and the more side effects. Every patient need not have the same intensity of side effect. When the side effects are greater, immediately consult your health care provider.
Information checked by Dr. Sachin Kumar, MD Pharmacology