Was this medicine useful for you?
What are the possible side effects of Vita Calcea?
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with Vita Calcea. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); loss of appetite; nausea; severe or persistent constipation; vomiting.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
Side effects of Vita Calcea in details
Applies to acetaminophen: capsule, capsule liquid filled, elixir, liquid, powder, powder for solution, solution, suppository, suspension, syrup, tablet, tablet chewable, tablet disintegrating, tablet effervescent, tablet extended release
Other dosage forms:
- intravenous solution
As well as its needed effects, acetaminophen (the active ingredient contained in Vita Calcea) may cause unwanted side effects that require medical attention.
Major Side Effects
If any of the following side effects occur while taking acetaminophen, check with your doctor immediately:
- Bloody or black, tarry stools
- bloody or cloudy urine
- fever with or without chills (not present before treatment and not caused by the condition being treated)
- pain in the lower back and/or side (severe and/or sharp)
- pinpoint red spots on the skin
- skin rash, hives, or itching
- sore throat (not present before treatment and not caused by the condition being treated)
- sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
- sudden decrease in the amount of urine
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- yellow eyes or skin
If any of the following symptoms of overdose occur while taking acetaminophen, get emergency help immediately:
Symptoms of overdose:
- increased sweating
- loss of appetite
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach cramps or pain
- swelling, pain, or tenderness in the upper abdomen or stomach area
What is the most important information I should know about Vita Calcea?
- Do not take large doses of vitamins while you use Vita Calcea unless your doctor tells you to.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Vita Calcea before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- This product may contain tartrazine dye (FD&C Yellow No. 5). This may cause an allergic reaction in some patients. If you have ever had an allergic reaction to tartrazine, ask your pharmacist if your product has tartrazine in it.
- Lab tests, including serum calcium levels, may be performed while you use Vita Calcea. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Vita Calcea should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Vita Calcea while you are pregnant. It is not known if Vita Calcea is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Vita Calcea, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Vita Calcea contraindications
Hypersensitivity to the Calcium Carbonate (Vita Calcea) or cholecalciferol, or to any of the excipients of Vita Calcea. Renal failure; hypercalciuria and hypercalcaemia and diseases and/or conditions, which lead to hypercalcaemia and/or hypercalciuria (eg, myeloma, bone metastases, primary hyperparathyroidism); kidney stones (nephrolitiasis, nephrocalcinosis); hypervitaminosis D.
- DailyMed. "CALCIUM CARBONATE; FAMOTIDINE; MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE: DailyMed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the United States. DailyMed is the official provider of FDA label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailyme... (accessed September 17, 2018).
- DailyMed. "CALCIUM: DailyMed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the United States. DailyMed is the official provider of FDA label information (package inserts).". https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailyme... (accessed September 17, 2018).
- European Chemicals Agency - ECHA. "Calcium carbonate: The information provided here is aggregated from the "Notified classification and labelling" from ECHA's C&L Inventory. ". https://echa.europa.eu/information-o... (accessed September 17, 2018).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Vita Calcea are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Vita Calcea. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
Consumer reported side effectsNo survey data has been collected yet
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
Information checked by Dr. Sachin Kumar, MD Pharmacology