How long did you take this medication to work?
What is Moxifloxacine Mylan?
Moxifloxacine Mylan is an antibiotic in a group of drugs called fluoroquinolones (flor-o-KWIN-o-lones). Moxifloxacine Mylan fights bacteria in the body.
Moxifloxacine Mylan is used to treat different types of bacterial infections of the skin, sinuses, lungs, or stomach.
Moxifloxacine Mylan may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Moxifloxacine Mylan indications
Acute Bacterial Sinusitis
Moxifloxacine Mylan hydrochloride tablets are indicated in adult patients (18 years of age and older) for the treatment of Acute Bacterial Sinusitis caused by susceptible isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, or Moraxella catarrhalis.
Acute Bacterial Exacerbation of Chronic Bronchitis
Moxifloxacine Mylan hydrochloride tablets are indicated in adult patients for the treatment of Acute Bacterial Exacerbation of Chronic Bronchitis caused by susceptible isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus, or Moraxella catarrhalis.
Community Acquired Pneumonia
Moxifloxacine Mylan hydrochloride tablets are indicated in adult patients for the treatment of Community Acquired Pneumonia caused by susceptible isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae (including multi-drug resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae [MDRSP]),Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, or Chlamydophila pneumoniae.
MDRSP isolates are isolates resistant to two or more of the following antibacterial drugs: penicillin (minimum inhibitory concentrations [MIC] ≥ 2 mcg/mL), 2nd generation cephalosporins (for example, cefuroxime), macrolides, tetracyclines, and trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole.
Uncomplicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections
Moxifloxacine Mylan hydrochloride tablets are indicated in adult patients for the treatment of Uncomplicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections caused by susceptible isolates of methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pyogenes.
Complicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections
Moxifloxacine Mylan hydrochloride tablets are indicated in adult patients for the treatment of Complicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections caused by susceptible isolates of methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, or Enterobacter cloacae.
Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections
Moxifloxacine Mylan hydrochloride tablets are indicated in adult patients for the treatment of Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections including polymicrobial infections such as abscess caused by susceptible isolates of Escherichia coli, Bacteroides fragilis, Streptococcus anginosus, Streptococcus constellatus, Enterococcus faecalis, Proteus mirabilis, Clostridium perfringens, Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron, or Peptostreptococcus species.
Moxifloxacine Mylan hydrochloride tablets are indicated in adult patients for the treatment of plague, including pneumonic and septicemic plague, due to susceptible isolates of Yersinia pestis and prophylaxis of plague in adult patients. Efficacy studies of Moxifloxacine Mylan could not be conducted in humans with plague for feasibility reasons. Therefore this indication is based on an efficacy study conducted in animals only.
To reduce the development of drug-resistant bacteria and maintain the effectiveness of Moxifloxacine Mylan hydrochloride tablets and other antibacterial drugs, Moxifloxacine Mylan hydrochloride tablets should be used only to treat or prevent infections that are proven or strongly suspected to be caused by susceptible bacteria. When culture and susceptibility information are available, they should be considered in selecting or modifying antibacterial therapy. In the absence of such data, local epidemiology and susceptibility patterns may contribute to the empiric selection of therapy.
How should I use Moxifloxacine Mylan?
Use Moxifloxacine Mylan as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Moxifloxacine Mylan is only for the eye. Do not get it in your nose or mouth.
- To use Moxifloxacine Mylan in the eye, first, wash your hands. Tilt your head back. Using your index finger, pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch. Drop the medicine into the pouch and gently close your eyes. Immediately use your finger to apply pressure to the inside corner of the eyelid for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not blink. Remove excess medicine around your eye with a clean, dry tissue, being careful not to touch your eye. Wash your hands to remove any medicine that may be on them.
- To prevent germs from contaminating your medicine, do not touch the applicator tip to any surface, including the eye. Keep the container tightly closed.
- Do not wear contact lenses while you are using Moxifloxacine Mylan. Take care of your contact lenses as directed by the manufacturer. Check with your doctor before you use them.
- To clear up your infection completely, use Moxifloxacine Mylan for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Moxifloxacine Mylan, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Moxifloxacine Mylan.
Uses of Moxifloxacine Mylan in details
Moxifloxacine Mylan is used to treat bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, infections of female upper genital tract, abdominal infections and infections of skin and eye.
Moxifloxacine Mylan description
Each tablet contains Moxifloxacine Mylan HCl 436.8 mg equivalent to Moxifloxacine Mylan 400 mg. It also contains croscarmellose sodium, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, hypromellose, macrogol 4000, titanium dioxide (E171) and ferric oxide (E172) as inactive constituents.
Each 250 mL solution for infusion contain Moxifloxacine Mylan HCl 436.8 mg equivalent to Moxifloxacine Mylan 400 mg. It also contains sodium chloride, 1N hydrochloric acid, 2N sodium hydroxide and water for injection. The solution for infusion (250 mL) contains sodium 34 mmol.
Active ingredient matches for Moxifloxacine Mylan:
Moxifloxacin in Belgium.
- Wikipedia. "moxifloxacin: Link to the compound information in Wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moxifloxac... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- PubChem. "moxifloxacin". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compoun... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- FDA Orange Book. "Patent:9114168: The publication, Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations (the List, commonly known as the Orange Book), identifies drug products approved on the basis of safety and effectiveness by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act).". https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnD... (accessed September 18, 2017).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Moxifloxacine Mylan are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Moxifloxacine Mylan. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
Consumer reported usefulNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported price estimatesNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported time for resultsNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported ageNo survey data has been collected yet