How times a day do you take this medicine?
What is Moxifloxacina Vesalius?
Moxifloxacina Vesalius is an antibiotic in a group of drugs called fluoroquinolones (flor-o-KWIN-o-lones). Moxifloxacina Vesalius fights bacteria in the body.
Moxifloxacina Vesalius is used to treat different types of bacterial infections of the skin, sinuses, lungs, or stomach.
Moxifloxacina Vesalius may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Moxifloxacina Vesalius indications
Moxifloxacina Vesalius Tablets and I.V. are indicated for the treatment of adults ( ≥ 18 years of age) with infections caused by susceptible strains of the designated microorganisms in the conditions listed below. Acute Bacterial Sinusitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, or Moraxella catarrhalis.
Acute Bacterial Exacerbation of Chronic Bronchitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus, or Moraxella catarrhalis.
Community Acquired Pneumonia caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae (including multi-drug resistant strains*), Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, or Chlamydia pneumoniae.
* MDRSP, Multi-drug resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae includes isolates previously known as PRSP (Penicillin-resistant S. pneumoniae), and are strains resistant to two or more of the following antibiotics: penicillin (MIC ≥ 2 μg/mL), 2nd generation cephalosporins (e.g., cefuroxime), macrolides, tetracyclines, and trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole.
Uncomplicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections caused by methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pyogenes.
Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections including polymicrobial infections such as abscess caused by Escherichia coli, Bacteroides fragilis, Streptococcus anginosus, Streptococcus constellatus, Enterococcus faecalis, Proteus mirabilis, Clostridium perfringens, Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron, or Peptostreptococcus species.
Complicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections caused by methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, or Enterobacter cloacae.
Appropriate culture and susceptibility tests should be performed before treatment in order to isolate and identify organisms causing infection and to determine their susceptibility to Moxifloxacina Vesalius. Therapy with Moxifloxacina Vesalius may be initiated before results of these tests are known; once results become available, appropriate therapy should be continued.
To reduce the development of drug-resistant bacteria and maintain the effectiveness of Moxifloxacina Vesalius and other antibacterial drugs, Moxifloxacina Vesalius should be used only to treat or prevent infections that are proven or strongly suspected to be caused by susceptible bacteria. When culture and susceptibility information are available, they should be considered in selecting or modifying antibacterial therapy. In the absence of such data, local epidemiology and susceptibility patterns may contribute to the empiric selection of therapy.
How should I use Moxifloxacina Vesalius?
Use Moxifloxacina Vesalius tablets as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Moxifloxacina Vesalius tablets comes with an extra patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully. Read it again each time you get Moxifloxacina Vesalius tablets refilled.
- Take Moxifloxacina Vesalius tablets by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Drink plenty of liquids while taking Moxifloxacina Vesalius tablets.
- Do not take a product that has magnesium, aluminum, calcium, zinc, iron, or sucralfate in it within 8 hours before or 4 hours after you take Moxifloxacina Vesalius tablets. Examples of these products include antacids, multivitamins, chewable/buffered didanosine, didanosine suspension, and quinapril. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you have a question about whether you should separate Moxifloxacina Vesalius tablets from a certain food or product.
- Take Moxifloxacina Vesalius tablets on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Moxifloxacina Vesalius tablets for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Moxifloxacina Vesalius tablets, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take more than 1 dose in the same day.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Moxifloxacina Vesalius tablets.
Uses of Moxifloxacina Vesalius in details
Moxifloxacina Vesalius is used to treat bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, infections of female upper genital tract, abdominal infections and infections of skin and eye.
Moxifloxacina Vesalius description
Each tablet contains Moxifloxacina Vesalius HCl 436.8 mg equivalent to Moxifloxacina Vesalius 400 mg. It also contains croscarmellose sodium, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, hypromellose, macrogol 4000, titanium dioxide (E171) and ferric oxide (E172) as inactive constituents.
Each 250 mL solution for infusion contain Moxifloxacina Vesalius HCl 436.8 mg equivalent to Moxifloxacina Vesalius 400 mg. It also contains sodium chloride, 1N hydrochloric acid, 2N sodium hydroxide and water for injection. The solution for infusion (250 mL) contains sodium 34 mmol.
Active ingredient matches for Moxifloxacina Vesalius:
Moxifloxacin in Colombia.
- Wikipedia. "moxifloxacin: Link to the compound information in Wikipedia.". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moxifloxac... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- PubChem. "moxifloxacin". https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compoun... (accessed September 18, 2017).
- FDA Orange Book. "Patent:9114168: The publication, Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations (the List, commonly known as the Orange Book), identifies drug products approved on the basis of safety and effectiveness by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act).". https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnD... (accessed September 18, 2017).
ReviewsThe results of a survey conducted on ndrugs.com for Moxifloxacina Vesalius are given in detail below. The results of the survey conducted are based on the impressions and views of the website users and consumers taking Moxifloxacina Vesalius. We implore you to kindly base your medical condition or therapeutic choices on the result or test conducted by a physician or licensed medical practitioners.
Consumer reported usefulNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported price estimatesNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported time for resultsNo survey data has been collected yet
Consumer reported ageNo survey data has been collected yet